EasyCancel feature allows properties to offer free cancellation up to 24 hrs before check-in on all existing bookings and future bookings made.
This article includes:
EasyCancel Feature Details
Given the current COVID-19 crisis, our data indicates a willing segment of travellers who are looking to book, but are reluctant because of uncertainty around future travel restrictions.
We found that this could be an opportunity to provide more bookings to our partners, thus the launch of this new campaign.
- Properties that join in will receive a badge advertised on Agoda webpage.
- EasyCancel assures travelers that all existing and future bookings made will have a 24-hour cancellation policy applied.
- EasyCancel helps the hotel to reduce staff working on cancellations before or during the closure.
- EasyCancel will allow properties to capture new revenue that properties are unlikely to get with more restrictive cancellation policies.
EasyCancel will become now a permanent program:
In response to the overwhelming success of this program and the positive impact it has on our partners and customers, EasyCancel will become a permanent program.
Until now, EasyCancel has been used on a temporary basis. The current version applies until 15 December. For properties that do not opt-out of the next extension, EasyCancel will apply to all existing and future bookings (no check-in date cut off). You can contact us at any time to request EasyCancel to be deactivated.
Changes to the policy:
In addition to extending the program indefinitely, we will also be adjusting the cancelation policy to align with how other OTAs set their flexible cancelation policies and to make it easier for our customers to understand.
- The cancellation cut off time is currently at 11:59 pm two days before check-in (for example, if the check-in date is 3 Dec 2020, the customer can cancel without penalty until 11:59 pm on 1 Dec 2020).
- The EasyCancel cancelation policy will change to one day before check-in (for example, if the check-in date is 3 Dec 2020, the customer can cancel without penalty until 11:59 pm on 2 Dec 2020).
Cancellation policies will be updated starting January, 4th 2021.
Agoda EasyCancel Badge
To advertise and improve the visibility of your property on Agoda, we will highlight properties who agree to join this campaign by displaying a badge with EasyCancel remarks for customers.
The badge will be as below:
JOIN EasyCancel with Below Easy Steps!
We've made it easy for you to join this campaign! Should you agree to join this EasyCancel campaign, you can simply follow one of the options below!
Option 1 : Check your email.
If your property has received an email from Agoda with the subject line “Introducing Agoda EasyCancel - supporting partners & customers”, there is a link in that email for you to click and join.
Option 2 : Join through YCS.
If you have not received any email, we have also sent you an invitation via YCS. You will see this pop-up on YCS which you may click to join.
Option 3 : Reach Out to our Team!
If you know your market manager, please reach out to them directly.
Otherwise, reach out to our support team by clicking on the blue Support button on YCS. They will assist you to sign up for this feature.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if my property under EasyCancel until Dec 15th, 2020 and continue extensions for the permanent campaign, what cancellation policy will be applied if the stay is from Dec 14 - Dec 17?
The cancellation policy will be updated to the current EasyCancel policy.
What if my property under EasyCancel until Dec 15th, 2020 and opt-out for extensions what cancellation policy will be applied if the stay is from Dec 14 - Dec 17?
The cancellation policy will revert to the old cancellation policy set by the property before this campaign.
Related to the changes to cancellation policy to be one day before check-in on 4 January 2020, would existing bookings will be changed as well?
No, for the changes on cancellation policy to 1 day before check-in will be implemented ONLY for new booking created after 4 January 2020.
I am willing to participate but only for certain room types and dates. Is this possible?
Unfortunately, this is not a possible option for this campaign. You may set that using YCS directly should you wish to do so, but no badge will be given as it does not fit the campaign criteria.
I did not get an email for this campaign invitation. What should I do?
You can either find the invitation on your YCS dashboard or email us using the blue Support button.
- Introduction to Property Collect
- Promotion Types and Features
- How do I Boost My Property's Sales & Ranking?