In this article, we will outline how to manage surcharges（additional fees).
This article includes:
What are surcharges?
Surcharges are additional charges to the room rate, therefore should not be taxes.
Type of surcharge
YCS supports mandatory (M / Agoda Collect) and excluded (E / Property Collect) surcharge types, the list is predefined and must be selected from the drop-down. It is up to the property owner which one you choose.
- Mandatory (Agoda Collect): Compulsory to booking, must pay addition to the room rate. This type will be included in the final price upon making the booking.
- Excluded (Property Collect): Excluded from the room rate. Customer will get a note on the booking form that the additional fee needs to be paid to the hotel upon check-in.
Add & Delete surcharges (YCS-Manage-Surcharge)
- Log into YCS
- Click Manage - Surcharges
- Select the dates
- Select applicable days
- Surcharge drop-down list
- Make your selection
- The selection autofill charge type (Per Guest Per Night/ Per Booking/ Per Adult Per Booking etc.)
- Surcharge type (who is responsible for collecting the fee Agoda or Property)
- Select individual room(s) or All room types
- Select value (Remember it could be either an amount or a percentage %)
- Unwanted surcharges may be deleted by clicking on the bin icon.