Your property name is set up based on the information you provided on the registration form. There may be some situations that require you to change the property name. In this article, we will outline tips for naming your property and how you can request changes.
This article includes:
Tips on naming your property
Your property name is important to ensure visibility and clarity to Agoda’s customers when searching and selecting their accommodation.
Some things to avoid:
- Usage of Abbreviations
- An abbreviation will likely confuse the customer and stop them from booking your property since they are not clear about the meaning behind it.
- Usage of emojis, symbols or ALL CAPS
- Though it might be cute or eye-catching, to make sure your property looks credible, trustworthy and professional, it’s best to avoid unnecessary additions.
- Including a price or promotion
- Price and promotions are subjected to change; keeping it updated will be hard since you would need to update every expiring price or promotion. By updating names too often, you may cause repeat customers to miss your property entirely.
- Adding translated name in other languages
- Adding translation in the brackets will cause duplication. When customers visit Agoda in that specific language version, they will see duplicate names and it won’t look professional. If you have specific translations you prefer, you can share them with us and we will set it for you to be visible on specific Agoda website and app language versions.
- Keep it short and unique
- Compact names are more memorable and easy to recall by travelers.
- Include your accommodation type
- Your name should tell the guest something specific about your place. Including accommodation type will provide more clarity for customer to avoid any misunderstandings.
- Capitalize The First Letter
- Standard format in Agoda has the first letter only as capitalized. We recommend you to follow this guideline so it will look consistent and match the website design.
How to update property names?
If you would like to update a property name, simply submit your request to Agoda accommodation support via the Support widget in YCS.
Frequently Asked Questions
My property name is wrong when the view is in another language (not English). How do I change this?
You may send us the suggested property name in the language you would like to amend. The Agoda Content team will then confirm the updates before the property name is changed from our end.
To send suggestions, please send the request Agoda accommodation support via the Support widget in YCS.
There is another property with a similar name to mine. Can you remove the other property from Agoda?
Property names should be based on the name used during the business license registration process and certificate. These names should not be duplicated on our website or app. Should you come across this issue, please reach out to Agoda accommodation support via the Support widget in YCS for our further investigation.