The Proactive Cancellation Fee Waiver will allow you to pre-select the policies under which your property will waive the cancellation fee (if applicable).
This article includes
Not all properties have this access and can only be set by properties in pilot market
What is the Proactive Cancellation Fee Waiver
- A simple setting in YCS that properties can use to pre-select the policies and guest circumstances for waiving the cancellation fee (if any).
- Any qualified guest situation that falls within the circumstances selected by the property under the Proactive Cancellation Fee Waiver (PCFW) will automatically be waived through our system.
Benefits to Property
- Save time and effort while improving customer satisfaction.
- Substantially decrease the number of calls and emails between properties and guests, making the interaction seamless for you and guests.
- Add flexibility to existing cancellation policies within a limited set of guest circumstances.
How to Set Up?
1. From the Settings screen, you can set up your cancellation policy by clicking on “Cancellation Policy Setup”
2. On the Cancellation Fee Waiver Settings, click on “Change Settings”
3. Once you click Change Settings, a pop-up will appear and you will be able to choose your cancellation fee waiver settings. You will be able to select the circumstances under which you will waive the cancellation fee (if any).
4. Toggle ON to select the circumstances in which you will waive the fee, and then select the appropriate setting that applies to each circumstance.
5. Toggle OFF for the circumstances in which you will not waive the fee
6. The circumstances listed in the tool include:
- Grace period (not applicable for bookings within 48 hours of check-in)
- Medical issue
- Death within family
- Flight canceled
- Flight delayed
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I participate in this program?
Unfortunately, this function is currently only available in certain markets. Stay tuned for future announcements regarding when it will be released in your market.
Can I quit the program?
Yes, you can update this in your YCS settings.
How will I know when a booking is automatically waived by this tool?
You will receive the cancellation waiver details, including the Booking ID and waiver reason, by email each time there is a cancellation fee waiver.
Can I adjust my settings so that last-minute bookings will not be automatically waived?
Any booking made less than 48 hours before check-in will not be subject to the Proactive Cancellation Fee Waiver Policy’s grace period.
- MaxAllowedFreeChildren (YCS Setting)
- How do I setup an age policy?
- How do I set up a cancellation policy?