Application related questions
- If you want to ask any of the following 4 questions, please visit this useful article on How does the AgodaPay for Business App work :
- How do I perform a charge in AgodaPay app?
- How do I refund a transaction?
- How do I name the device?
- How do I send a shift report?
- How can I recognize a refund transaction on the customers AliPay app?
In the AliPay app the same transaction ID as AgodaPay will be visible in the customer personal page. The customer should:
- Press Me tab on the footer of AliPay app
- Select the Transaction section from the menu
- Select the specific transaction to visualize
- The transaction ID will be the same as on AgodaPay app
- Network error appears on my screen. What should I do?
If you see this screen, you need to check if the device is connected to the wifi network. You can check it in the settings section of the device.
- How can I send a receipt after the transaction is processed?
You need to go to the transaction tab, enter the passcode, choose the desired transaction and press "Send receipt". Done!
- Select the past transaction tab
- Select the transaction you want to send the receipt for
- Enter the email address of the customer and tap Send
As soon as a transaction succedes, the AgodaPay screen will propose you to Send a receipt straight away:
- I see a message on the screen saying, “Your login was unsuccessful”. What should I do?
Make sure the login details are correct first. If for any reason you cannot find your passcode anymore, please delete and reinstall the App.
- I see a message on the screen saying, “Error Message: Expired/Invalid transaction token”. What should I do?
This error means that the QR code is not valid or it's a time out issue.
- What is the initial passcode for the app?
The initial passcode for AgodaPay app is "0000".
- How do I change my passcode?
You need to select the settings section, select passcode and choose "Change password".
- Select AgodaPay settings page
- Select Change Passcode
- Change Passcode
- Confirm the new passcode
- I deleted the app by accident. What should I do?
In this case, the hotel can simply re-download the app:
- Go to Play Store
- Search for Agoda Pay for business
- Install Agoda Pay for business application
- Re-login to Agoda Pay application
The App is up and running again!"
- When the passcode change, is this impacting other devices for the same property?
No, it isn't. The passcode is kept locally in the device so other devices for the same property can have different passcodes.
- What should I do I forgot the passcode to access the App functions?
Make sure first the passcode is correct. If for any reason you cannot find your passcode anymore, please reinstall the App.
- What should I do if I forgot the password to access AgodaPay App?
The credentials to access AgodaPay app are the same as YCS. If you forgot the password, you can always connect to YCS to reinitialize it.
NOTE: only one YCS user per hotel can access AgodaPay app. When accessing the app, you have to make sure you are using the right email address.
- What should I do if the APP is stuck?
If the app is stuck, please check first your wifi connection. If you are not processing a transaction, the application can be restarted.
- What does it mean if on the Charge page the status if Offline?
It means the device is not connected to the wifi network. You can refresh the connection of the device to be connected to the property wifi network again.
- What should I do if a transaction fails?
A transaction may fail for few reasons:
1) Problems from opening QR code page
- Network error -> Check your internet connections and tap “Try again”
- Invalid amount -> Tap “Dismiss” to go back and re-enter a valid amount
- Other errors -> Tap “Dismiss” to try again
2) Problems after opening the QR code page
- Session timeout from idle more than 5 minutes -> Tap retry to go back to QR code page
- Payment fails -> Check transaction status on both Agoda Pay (Transaction Detail page) and Alipay (ask the customer to check his AliPay account)
- If customer is not charged on Alipay yet. Please try again.
- If customer is already charged on Alipay. Please double check the transaction status on the Transaction Detail page of Agoda Pay.
- If the transaction status on Agoda Pay is still fail then please contact Agoda at email@example.com .
Device related questions
- Can I put a sim card in the device provided by Agoda, if the wifi doesn’t work well?
Yes of course: you can use Wifi or Cellular network. There is no difference!
Shift related questions
- When the shift report will be sent, will the shift be per device or it will automatically collect the transactions from all devices?
Each device will send its own shift independently. On the YCS AgodaPay tab it will be possible to see the list of transactions and from which device they have been made.
- Can I see which transactions are coming from which device?
Yes, in the AgodaPay tab in YCS it will be possible to see the list of transactions and from which device they have been made.
Transaction related questions
- Where can I find past transactions in the AgodaPay app?
You can press the transaction tab on the footer, insert the passcode and choose the transaction you want to visualize. You can also use the search bar.
- Battery run out in the middle of the transaction, how can I verify that the transaction went through?
To verify if the transaction went through, you can go to the transaction tab, enter the passcode and check if the transaction appears with a success status (highlighted in Green).
- I see a message on the screen saying, “Error message: Charge amount is not in range”. What does it mean?
If you get this error message its means the charge amount is not in the range allowed by AgodaPay app. The charge amount per transaction is between 0.2 to 5000 USD.
- How long the transactions will be stored in the App?
The transactions will be stored in the app with no limit of time. From the first transaction onward, they will be stored and visible in the AgodaPay app.