There are 4 payment method options from you can choose to receive payment from Agoda. One of the options is UPC on ePass. In this article, we will outline all information about UPC on ePass.
This article includes:
What is UPC on ePass?
This is a payment method that uses a unique payment batch number (Document Reference) that is generated after the payment is created -- a single-use virtual credit card (UPC) card will be issued for you to charge for each batch.
Please note that an Agoda card can only be charged with a POS terminal under 7011 merchant category code (MCC) which is classified as Lodging - Hotels, Motels, Resorts, Central Reservation Services businesses.
It allows you to create one payment batch for several reservations and charge the whole amount from one virtual credit card. Since the card is single-use, the full amount should be charged at once.
If you are on UPC on ePass payment method, you will be able to see the “ePass” menu on YCS. You may visit How do I log in and begin with ePass? for details on how you can access the ePass menu.
How do I Settle Payments?
Interactive ePass Guide
First time using ePass? Unfamiliar with how it works? Check our interactive tutorial here to familiarize yourself with the tool in a test environment.
1. Select Current Transactions under the ePass menu.
2. Check the Booking Transactions section.
- Bookings displayed under this section will have reached the payment due date and can have the payment initiated.
- All bookings are selected for payment by default at the "Approve" section. Untick the box if you don't want to include a specific booking in your payment.
3. Scroll down on the same page to check the Adjustment Transactions section.
- Bookings displayed under this section will have been adjusted by Agoda's finance department to ensure the value paid is correct.
- Positive amounts will be displayed in case of previous partially charged payments, follow-up booking value increases, and other credited items.
- Negative amounts will be displayed in case of overcharges or booking rejection cost.
- Adjustment transactions will be mandatory payments and can't be excluded.
4. Click Next to be given a summary of your payment sum.
- You may only submit positive batches on ePass. If you find a negative amount on your total amount approved, you will need to wait for more booking transactions to be added up until your total amount approved is a positive amount.
5. Click Submit to be given the credit card details for your payment.
6. Depending on your role, you will be able to see either masked card details or full card details. Tick the box that shows you understand the card can be swiped only once and should be fully charged. Pressing OK will complete the payment process.
|To improve your operation security, the virtual card is only valid for 24 hours. If you do not charge the card within 24 hours, it will become inactive. We suggest you charge the card immediately for the full amount as stated on the summary page.|
7. All payments that have been approved will be removed from the current transactions page. These transactions can be viewed on the All transactions page for your future reference.
8. If you forget to record the card details or you would like to review the card and transaction details, you can view it in the Remittances page. Visit How do I Review Past Payments? for more details on guidelines on accessing the remittance page.
|Kindly also find a video attached below that might help to understand how to charge UPC on ePass|
Related to Canceled or Amended Bookings
If any booking is amended or canceled, Agoda will send you an amendment email (with “AMENDED” appearing in the subject line) with an amended hotel voucher or cancellation email notification including information of the eligible cancellation fee.
This updated amount would be reflected immediately in the current transaction.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I report if the amount on the booking transaction is incorrect?
You may dispute each incorrect transaction on the YCS > ePass > Current Transactions > Booking Transactions. Visit How do I Report an Incorrect Amount in ePass? for more information related to disputes.
What can I do if I forget to charge the card within 24 hours and it is expired already?
You will still be eligible to receive the payment for the booking. Just follow the steps in How do I Reissue UPC in ePass? to help you issue new valid card.
Is there any limit to how many UPC approval submissions can be per day?
There is no limit; however, please make sure you don’t pass your daily credit limit on charging transactions, since the card will only have a 24-hour validity period.
I get the error message “Invalid Merchant”-- how can I fix it?
This error message means that your POS terminal is not under the 7011 merchant category code (MCC). We recommend every property always use a POS terminal with 7011 MCC; you may contact your POS terminal provider for any updates. If you have difficulty changing the MCC code, please contact Agoda accommodation services via the Support button in YCS to report your issues.
What should I do if I accidentally charge only a partial amount?
Do not worry! There are some conditions that you will need to finalized before contacting Agoda. Please visit How do I handle partial charge in ePass? to find out more.
After you finalized the actions needed, you can report this issue to Agoda accommodation support via the Support button in YCS. They will be able to help you on top up the remaining amount back to ePass > Current Transactions > Adjustment Transactions.
Please note that due to the complexity of this operation, it might take at least up to 5-7 business days to top up your remaining balance.