There are 4 payment method options from you can choose to receive payment from Agoda. One of the options is UPC on ePass. In this article, we will outline all information about UPC on ePass.
This article includes:
What is UPC on ePass?
This is a payment method that generates a single-use virtual credit card (UPC) for you to charge for each payment batch consisting of multiple bookings.
Please note that Agoda UPC cards are restricted to be charged via POS terminals under 7011 merchant category code (MCC) only, Lodging - Hotels, Motels, Resorts, Central Reservation Services businesses.
It allows you to create one payment batch for multiple reservations and charge the whole amount from one virtual credit card. Since the card is single-use, the full amount must be charged at once.
If you are on UPC on ePass payment method, you will be able to see the “ePass” menu on YCS. You may visit How do I log in and begin with ePass? for details on how you can access the ePass menu.
How do I Settle Payments?
Interactive ePass Guide
First time using ePass? Unfamiliar with how it works? Check our interactive tutorial here to familiarize yourself with the tool in a test environment.
1. Select Current Transactions under the ePass menu.
2. Check the Booking Transactions section.
- Bookings displayed under this section will have reached the payment due date and can have the payment initiated.
- All bookings are selected for payment by default at the "Approve" section. Untick the box if you do not want to include a specific booking in your payment.
3. Scroll down on the same page to check the Adjustment Transactions section.
- Bookings displayed under this section have been adjusted by Agoda's finance team to ensure that the payable value is correct.
- Positive amounts will be displayed in case of partially charged payments, follow-up booking value increases, and other credit items.
- Negative amounts will be displayed in case of overcharges or booking rejection cost.
- Adjustment transactions are mandatory payments and cannot be excluded.
4. Click Next to view a summary of your payment amount.
- You may only submit a batch for payment on ePass if the net value is positive If your total approved amount is negative, you will need to wait for more booking transactions to be added up until your total approved amount is positive.
5. Click Submit to be directed to a summary page with your credit card details to be charged.
6. Depending on your role, you will be able to see either masked card details or full card details. Tick the box to acknowledge that you understand the card can be swiped only once and should be fully charged. Press OK to complete the payment process.
|To improve the security of your operation, the virtual card is only valid for 24 hours. If you do not charge the card within 24 hours, it will become invalid. We suggest you charge the card immediately for the full amount as stated on the summary page.|
7. All payments that have been approved will be removed from the current transactions page. These transactions can be viewed on the All transactions page for your future reference.
8. If you forget to record the card details or you would like to review the card and transaction details, you can view it in the Remittances page. Visit How do I Review Past Payments? for more information on how to access the remittance page.
|We have included a video link below to help you better understand how to charge UPC on ePass|
Related to Canceled or Amended Bookings
If your booking has been amended or canceled, Agoda will send you an amendment email (with “AMENDED” appearing in the subject line) with an amended hotel voucher or cancellation email notification including information of the eligible cancellation fee.
This updated amount will be reflected immediately for the relevant booking displayed on the current transactions page.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I report if the amount on the booking transaction is incorrect?
You may dispute each incorrect transaction on the YCS > ePass > Current Transactions > Booking Transactions. Visit How do I Report an Incorrect Amount in ePass? for more information related to disputes.
What can I do if I forget to charge the card within 24 hours and it is expired already?
You will still be eligible to receive the payment for the booking. Just follow the steps in How do I Reissue UPC in ePass? to self-issue a replacement card.
Is there any limit to how many UPC approvals submissions can be I can submit per day?
There is no limit; however, please make sure you do not exceed your daily credit limit on charged transactions with your acquirer since the card will only be valid for 24 hours once issued.
I get the error message “Invalid Merchant”-- how can I fix it?
This error message means that your POS terminal is not under the 7011 merchant category code (MCC). We recommend that you always use a POS terminal with 7011 MCC; you may contact your POS terminal provider for further information on MCC code set-up. If you have difficulty changing your MCC code, please contact Agoda accommodation services via the Need Help button in YCS to report your issue.
What should I do if I accidentally charge only a partial amount?
Do not worry! There are some conditions that you will need to finalize before contacting Agoda. Please visit How do I handle partial charge in ePass? to find out more.
After you finalized the actions needed, you can report this issue to Agoda accommodation support via the Need Help button in YCS. They will be able to help you top up the remaining amount back to ePass > Current Transactions > Adjustment Transactions.
Please note that due to the complexity of this operation, it might take at least up to 5-7 business days to top up your remaining balance.
What can I do if I passed the 150-day deadline for collecting the booking payment?
It is important to understand that you are required to collect payment within the 150-day deadline. You can contact Agoda accommodation support via the Need Help button in YCS for assistances.