To help secure payment for your Property Collect with credit card guarantee bookings, we are providing you with a set of features to validate the guest’s payment card.
These features are available on the booking summary page in the YCS Extranet (Reports > Bookings). Availability of the actions you can take is based on a specific sequence and the time until check-in.
This article includes:
How do I request new credit card details from the guest?
If the guest's credit card verification fails, or you find the card details invalid upon viewing them, you will be able to request a new credit card from the guest.
- Clicking ‘Request new guest credit card’ (1) will trigger an email to the guest with a secure web link to provide a new credit card for payment.
- Once new card information has been entered by the guest, it will be made available in the YCS Extranet, and you will receive an email notification.
This action is available up to check-in date + 24 hours and Guests will be given 48 hours at most to provide new payment details.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do if the guest does not provide a new credit card or if the new card is also invalid?
You may contact the guest through the YCS messaging service. In some circumstances, you can also request to cancel the booking if the guest fails to enter new card details within the allowed time frame (usually 48 hours). Find more details here
Can I request credit card details from the guest by phone/email?
No, you should only exchange credit card details through the secure link used by this YCS feature.
- Introduction to Property Collect
- How do I identify Property Collect bookings?
- How do I verify Property Collect bookings?
- How do I view the guest’s credit card?
- Where do I see the commission amount for Property Collect?
- Property Collect without Credit Card
- Where do I get Property Collect booking statements?
- What should I do if I can’t accommodate a Property Collect booking?