How do I view the guest's credit card details?
- Once the credit card verification is completed, you will be given the option to view the card details (1).
- In line with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), you will be asked to pass a two-factor authentication, where you are required to enter your username (2) and password (3). These credentials are the same that you use to log in to the YCS Extranet.
- After your login credentials are confirmed, you will be sent a one-time passcode either to your registered mobile number or your user email address. By entering the passcode, you will gain access to the guest's credit card details (4).
- You will be able to view the guest's credit card details a total of 3 times.
This action is available from 7 days before check-in.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is PCI DSS?
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, or PCI DSS, is a set of requirements put together by major payment networks including Visa and Mastercard. You must declare your compliance with these requirements to view the guest’s payment card details. You can learn more about PCI DSS here.
When is 'View guest credit card detail' available to use?
This action will only be available if the guest's card verification has been completed. The guest's credit card can be viewed a maximum of 3 times.
Can the CVV/CVC number of the guest credit card supplied be viewed?
No, Agoda's systems do not currently support the sharing of the CVV/CVC number of the guest's payment card.
Should I collect payment for the booking from the guest's credit card before check-in?
No. Agoda's Property Collect bookings are strictly pay-at-hotel bookings, you should not collect payment from the guest’s credit card prior to arrival. We understand that in some circumstances you may want to temporarily hold an amount to secure a booking in high occupancy periods, however, this is not guest-friendly, and we advise against it.
What should I do if I do not receive the one-time password (OTP) to pass the two-factor authentication?
You need to have a 'YCS SMS' number set up for your account. You can request this from Agoda Accommodation Support via the support widget in YCS.
What if I do not accept the type of credit supplied by the guest?
If you do not accept the initial payment card of the guest, you can request a new one through the YCS extranet. We also recommend you message the guest to let them know which cards you accept.
I have exceeded the maximum number of views; how can I view it one more time?
It is not possible to view the guest’s payment card details more than 3 times as Agoda systems will automatically clear the data afterward.
In case of a cancellation, will Agoda still collect the cancellation fee?
If you choose to view the guest's credit card, you will become responsible for collecting any cancellation fees should they occur.
By default, Agoda attempts to collect the cancellation fee from the guest's credit card on your behalf. However, if you view the guest's credit card, Agoda will no longer attempt to collect any fees. This logic was introduced to avoid double charging the guest.
- Introduction to Property Collect
- How do I identify Property Collect bookings?
- How do I verify Property Collect bookings?
- How do I request a new credit card from the guest?
- Where do I see the commission amount for Property Collect?
- Property Collect without Credit Card
- Where do I get Property Collect booking statements?
- What should I do if I can’t accommodate a Property Collect booking?