To help secure payment for your Property Collect with credit card guarantee bookings, we are providing you with a set of features to validate the guest’s payment card.
These features are available on the booking summary page in the YCS Extranet (Reports > Bookings). Availability of the actions you can take is based on a specific sequence and the time until check-in.
This article includes:
How do I verify the guest’s credit card?
The first action you will be able to take once a Property Collect booking is confirmed is to verify if the credit card the guest has provided is valid. Clicking ‘Check if guest credit card is valid’ (1) will return an instant result and unlock further actions based on the outcome.
This action is available from the time of the booking until check-in date + 24 hours.
- If verification is successful (2), 'View guest credit card details' will be made available as next action.
- If verification fails (3), 'View guest credit card details' and 'Request new guest credit card' will be made available as next actions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I check if the guest's credit card valid?
Customers whose credit cards pass this verification are less likely to cancel. If they do cancel and there is a cancellation fee due, charges can usually, but not always, be successfully made to the credit card. This feature is a customer-friendly way of checking if a booking is secure, prior to check-in.
When is the ‘Check if guest credit card is valid’ feature available to use?
This action is available for Property Collect bookings made with credit card guarantee, from the time of booking until 24 hours after check-in day.
What if the guest's credit card is invalid?
If the first verification fails, you can request a new credit card from the guest or contact them via our messaging service in YCS.
Do I have to view the guest's credit card before requesting a new one?
No, if verification fails, you can request a new credit card right away.
Why is the 'Check if guest credit card is valid feature' not clickable?
This feature can only be used once. If clicked, it will be unavailable for further action. It will also not be available outside the mentioned time window.
- Introduction to Property Collect
- How do I identify Property Collect bookings?
- How do I view the guest’s credit card?
- How do I request a new credit card from the guest?
- Where do I see the commission amount for Property Collect?
- Property Collect without Credit Card
- Where do I get Property Collect booking statements?
- What should I do if I can’t accommodate a Property Collect booking?