This article will explain how to deal with reviews that you don’t want to appear under your Agoda listing, as well as general explanations of our property review policies
This article includes:
Can I request a review be removed?
Reviews are moderated by Agoda to make sure that only verified and constructive reviews are shown on our page. Our goal is to make sure that all reviews on our site are authentic, honest, accurate, and constructive. And while we want all our partner properties to get the best reviews possible, we don’t remove reviews simply because they are negative.
Some reviews may be removed if they violate our Review Policy, which may include any of the following issues:
- The review is left by a no-show guest
- The whole review is spam or gibberish
- The review is submitted for the wrong property
- The review is a duplicate. Guests are permitted only one review per stay
- The review contains profanity, discriminatory comments, personal attacks, defamatory comments, or sexual references that are inappropriate for a general audience.
- The review contains references to illegal activities
- The review contains an individual’s personal information
How to request for a review to be removed?
If you come across a review that violates any of the scenarios listed above, you can request that the review be removed by letting us know on YCS through the Contact Us button.
If you don’t like a review you received, and it doesn’t fall within one of the scenarios above, we encourage you to respond to the review instead. Your direct response to guest reviews allows you to address the issues with previous guests while showing potential guests how much you care. Find out more on how to best handle guest reviews HERE.